“We were living the message of Fatima and we prayed the Rosary every day,”
What is it to live "the Fatima Message" and what is Great Promise of Fatima?
Fr. Schiffer, Jesuit priest, survivor of the Hiroshima atomic bomb dropped August 6th, 1945.
How does one live the Message of Fatima?
One would think that would be very important to know since Fr. Schiffer
survived the atomic bomb with little injury and he said that he and his priest friends were "living the Fatima Message"!
Father Schiffer and his 3 other Jesuit priest friends survived the Atomic bomb without serious injuries... They personally believed that it was due to their fidelity to the Mother of God and devotion to Her Immaculate Heart that they were spared! They lived to tell the story to the whole world over and over and over!
They never failed to attribute their survival to her! They all prayed the daily rosary as living the Fatima Message!
Our Lady came to ask the world to sanctify itself through a formula that she gave to the three children at Fatima which consists of:
- Confessing your sins and amended your life – leading a truly Catholic life.
- Praying the Rosary daily
- Offering sacrifices for sinners, including offering up your daily tasks and duties as a sacrifice in reparation for sin.
- Wearing the Brown Scapular as a sign of personal consecration – and making acts of consecration to the Immaculate Heart?
- Fulfilling Our Lady’s request for the Five First Saturdays Communion of Reparation to Her Immaculate Heart.
This last one - Five First Saturdays Communion of Reparation to Her Immaculate Heart
- is a little more detailed so the following helps you to understand what this entails!
Some time after Sr. Lucia became a nun and was in Pontevedra, she was visited by Our Lord and Our Lady. (The following is taken from: Father Alonso’s excellent study, Fatima and the Immaculate Heart of Mary
«On December 10, 1925, the Most Holy Virgin appeared to her, and by Her side, elevated on a luminous cloud, was the Child Jesus. The Most Holy Virgin rested Her hand on her shoulder, and as She did so, She showed her a heart encircled by thorns, which She was holding in Her other hand.
«At the same time, the Child said: “ Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns, with which ungrateful men pierce It at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them.”
«Then the Most Holy Virgin said: “ Look My daughter, at My Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce Me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console Me and announce in My name that
I promise to assist at the moment of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation,
- all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months,
- shall confess,
- receive Holy Communion,
- recite five decades of the Rosary,
- and keep Me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary,
- with the intention of making reparation to Me.”» 3
Click on the picture below to read the pamphlet written by Father Schiffer!